24 April 2015 - Pelican Bay Anchorage to Naples Yacht Club


April 24, 2015 and April 25, 2015

Start: Pelican Bay Anchorage
Finish:  Naples Yacht Club

We awoke to a beautiful sunrise and a tranquil setting, as we begin our trip to Naples Yacht Club.  The club was established in 1964. As we cruise along at our 8 mph pace, the weather was perfect so we could take the outside route in the Gulf of Mexico.  Our fuel is burn per hour is running just below 5 gallons an hour or about 18.00 per hour!  The perfect speed for the easy cruising style of the Trawler life!  No rush no worries!   Needless to say the day on the Grampstr's Pride was an amazing one.

We arrived just about 5 PM.  After docking and checking in with the Dock Master we decided to try the cuisine at the club and made reservations for 6:30.  The food was very good we all had the veal shank special. 

Most of the clubs we visit are in the Florida Council of Yacht Clubs, they strive to have excellent chefs and are reasonably priced, as they are non profit and there for the members.  You must belong to a member of a Yacht Council Club to stay at a participating club. 

What is really nice about the clubs as they go out of there way to assist if there is a need. 

The club is built in southern Florida architecture with a large front porch for causal dining and an upstairs for formal dining and tonight for a large birthday party!  Easy docking and a lovely pool and gardens? 

After dinner we checked the weather and a cold front was moving in with heavy North East winds and was going to stay for several days.  This made us review our plans and we decided to stay another night at Naples and provision the boat I case the weather changed and we could go over the next couple days. 

We had an Uber experience!  Yes there was an Uber in Naples!  He was great!  Took us several places including a West Marine and the Dive shop!  If the weather changes we are ready to go the Ft. Jefferson and the Dry Turguga's!  

The plan is still head for Everglades City and then if the weather breaks plan to Cruise the 100 miles of open water to the Fort!  We are one day behind in our plan, hopefully it will be worth the delay!